The task of keeping a sustainable model in an over-consuming world is not easy. This is a problem that concerns farmers and consumers alike and can engage both groups in action.
So what if there was a way to connect these people directly?
There’s a world of people out there who love your farm. They can support farming by contributing to your sustainable cause financially. Not only this, farmhopping is a platform that allows users (‘farmhoppers’) to contribute ideas and opinions.
For farmers, joining farmhopping is free. It’s up to you to decide what shape the support shall have, so you maintain control.
Become part of our Global network!
- Find, reach and engage with your customers directly
- Gain financial support
- Tap into the intellectual resources of others
- Benefit from a constant influx of new customers and partners
- Discover new markets for your business and products.
- Bring the world to your farm and to your local community!
- Joining farmhopping is free.
- You publish your desired ways of support (animal upkeep, equipment upgrades, etc.) and gather supporters.
- You decide and share what you intend to provide in return to your supporters.
- Once a farmhopper contributes to a farm, we collect a 10% fee on the package price.
Join a Community
- Share the story of your farm in your profile, upload photos, and videos.
- Focus on your passions and interests for sustainable farming or ethical issues
- Interact with other farmhoppers and farmers
- Gain understanding of your global customers
Enter farmhopping - the platform that bridges the gap between farms and city people interested in sustainable farming.
Farmhoppers can choose to support you by sharing a small stake in your farm. They won’t own it in the usual sense, it will still be yours. In return for their financial support, you will choose to allocate rewards such as produce, or a say in an animal’s future, for example.
Potential sponsors can easily find you on farmhopping and learn more about you through pictures, videos and news updates. Your profile is the key to making you stand out. The more information you post and update about yourself and the farm, the more farmhoppers will trust and engage with you.
You don’t have to spend time or money marketing your farm to attract and acquire customers. As a member you will directly benefit from our marketing efforts and knowhow. And from farmhopping's wide base of supporters.
Building Your Network
Once you have a profile, you can ask the farmhoppers directly for their support in any way you wish. You can seek users who can advise on work in the field, or possibly request an architect who is willing to guide you with structural queries.
It’s completely in your control what you decide to offer Farmhoppers in return for their support. You can virtually share agricultural units, such as a farm animal, or maybe a tree in your garden? Reward and thank-yours can be in the form of a share of the animal’s annual produce, a free stay on the farm, hand-made woollen socks, or even just a note.
Our team is here to help you create a successful package that inspires our farmhoppers into action without adding any financial burden to you or your farm.
Building a profile on farmhopping is absolutely free. We generate revenue by retaining 10 % of each transaction that happens on our website.
What you see now is our website alpha version. We will be launching our full functionality website in March where we will introduce many more cool and useful functionalities.
If you can’t wait till March you can be one of our pioneers and receive the entire market spotlight during our prelaunch and launch!
Become one of our Pioneer Farms
Here is how:
- You fill in a ‘share your farm’ form
- We will request as many photos and videos of your farm as you can send. This helps build a stronger profile.
- After we get to know each other, we will ask you to create your packages. Our team is here to guide and support you in creating your package.
- As this is our alpha version you won’t be able to upload and manage your profile alone. This has to be done by our team. We will upload all your information once you have settled on your farm share packages.
- You can then log into your profile and review it.
- Your profile will be live once we receive your approval.
Please remember that submitting full and accurate information will increase your chances for hopping onto our platform. If you have more questions do not hesitate to contact us!