Organic Easter Lamb Roast Recipe
Here at farmhopping HQ in London we're feverishly preparing for the upcoming Easter holiday!
Spring is already here and we're delighted that Easter is so early this year since we can't wait to indulge ourselves with a delicious lamb roast garnished with plenty of organic vegetables. While searching for the perfect recipe, we came across this nice (and quite healthy) option. All you need for the perfect festive meal this Easter is some organic lamb, lots of organic vegetables and organic extra virgin olive oil. We got you covered:
Organic Easter Lamb Roast (Adapted from Jamie Oliver)
- 1 organic leg of lamb from The Story Group (around 2 kg)
- 250 ml vegetable stock (and here's how you could make your own)
- 600 g organic potatoes from Chegworth Valley
- 300 g organic carrots from Chegworth Valley
- 300 g organic courgettes from Chegworth Valley
- 100 g organic leeks from Chegworth Valley
- 100 g organic fennel from Chegworth Valley
- 100 g organic yellow pepper from Chegworth Valley
- some organic rosemary from Urbangrains
- organic extra virgin olive oil from Urbangrains
- black pepper
Start with preheating the oven to 220 C (gas mark 7) and while waiting, season the meat with salt, pepper and rosemary. Brush it with a bit of olive oil and place in the oven for about an hour and a half. When ready, leave it to rest a bit.
In the meantime, cut the vegetables any way you like. Boil the potatoes in salted water for 5 minutes, then add the fennel and carrots, wait another 5 minutes and then add the rest of the vegetables.
Carve you lamb and serve it garnished with the lovely organic vegetables.
And don't forget to post your dish to our Instagram account - just search for farmhopping.
We wish you a happy and healthy Easter!